Black rice is a type of rice which gets its signature black-purple color from a pigment called anthocyanin, which has potent antioxidant properties.
Black rice has a GI value of 38.
1) Black rice is a good source of several nutrients, particularly protein, fiber, and iron.
2) Anthocyanins found in black rice help reduce body weight and body fat percentage.
3) Black rice may help lower blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes and reduce the risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
4) Research shows that black rice contains over 23 types of antioxidants and has the highest antioxidant activity of all rice varieties.
5) Black rice has been found to have potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anticancer effects.
6) Black rice contains antioxidants that have been shown to help protect against heart disease.
7) Black rice is naturally gluten-free and can be a good option for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.